Follow me darlings!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wisdom teeth extraction

I got all my wisdom teeth removed a few days ago, and now i'm on my one week sick leave. My boyfriend went with me on that day and i was knocked out because i'm very scared of dentists and i'll just keep shaking.
Worst part for me was when they were trying to find my veins to poke the IV through, they couldn't so they kept switching hands and by the time they actually find a vein, my hands were bruised and in pain.I really don't remember anything from that day because afterwards i was very out of it.

Now i am going through puffy cheeks, nausea, and congee diet until i can continue with regular activities again. I didn't know it will be this bad, especially since i can't really keep any food down and i'm always drowsy and sick feeling.

So glad it's over with though, Dentists are the scariest!


In the meantime, some of you already know that i am in the process of moving homes, so I've been doing a lot of packing recently. I absolutely hate packing, i have come to realize what a hoarder i have been and it's so heart breaking to get rid of so much stuff that i have accumulated through the years, be it figures, plush, clothes that i haven't worn before, posters...everything! And it's going to be even worse when i have to unpack them. I am moving from a house to a condo, so you can imagine how much i actually have to get rid of. 

Went to Ikea, and bought a new bed, computer desk, chairs, dressers and makeup table for my new room. So much to buy, so much i want, but not enough space!





Donated a lot of toys and clothing to the salvation army as well

13 comments:

  1. I haven't taken my wisdom teeth out yet. That sounds like a awful experience, so I can't believe you're doing that and moving at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care sandy. i'm dreading the day of my wisdom teeth extraction T.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thats a lot of stuff to move. its better to take the wisdom teeth so no hassle hurt anymore. but don't carry those stuff yet, might not good if you carry a heavy things...happy sunday.. www.lovelypettit_mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care sweetheart! I'm quite lucky because I have 3 fully grown wisdom teeth I got them when I was quite young about 16 years of age. I remember I did experience pain then but it didn't affect my other teeth or anything so it didn't affect growth.

    I have one other wisdom tooth half way there - unlike the other ones this is growing sideways but the dentist said that there's no need to extract it.

    My friend's wisdom tooth has been hurting him a lot too his side of the face is constantly swollen. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, your experience sounds painful. :/ I had my wisdom teeth taken out about a year or so ago. I was sooo nervous and scared that I wouldn't be able to eat for days. I love food too much to not have it. But, luckly, it wasn't bad at all. The just numbed my gums and pulled the teeth right out.

    I do hope you feel better, though. And good luck with your new move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you, hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww hon!! i'm so sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time recovering :( i had all 4 of my wisdoms pulled out too and it was NOT fun!! i feel for you.. i can't believe you have to go through that AND move at the same time that's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw MAN! I was hoping you would be one of the luckier few. I forgot the meds and feeling drowsy part of it all. All I remembered was chubby cheeks, major pain, and that stupid monoject thing. I actually hurt myself several times with it because a noodle from my chicken soup would get stuck back there so I would have to use a little force from the water to squirt it out- it was painful. I actually had to go back to the dentist when it got really sore, turns out that I had a piece of food stuck back there that I couldn't get out(!!). Ugh just seeing it in the picture again makes me feel uneasy -.-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well take care Sandy and don't be too hard on yourself trying to juggle everything in your life while recovering. At least all of them are removed and you will no longer have to worry about them for the rest of you life :D That's what I thought of haha. Feel better hun!!! In no time you'll be back to your normal self =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dentists really are the scariest! :( I wish you a speedy recovery and a smooth move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it's painful, but would you rather rely on pain killers every time? So yeah, I'm happy you went for one. The pain would subside later on. But the real challenge to that is you're "extracting" your belongings to a new place. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awful experience! I hope that this wouldn't ruin your next dental visit. A growing wisdom tooth could really be that painful because it is a type of molar. Molars are the teeth we use for chewing. I've been there and I've had an extraction too. I'm so glad it's over. I hope your teeth are well taken care of. Have a nice day, mizzsandychau!

    Landen Worley

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems like you had a pretty bad experience with your wisdom teeth extraction. I hope you did not experience any serious complications after the surgery. If you do, you must contact your dentist right away. I hope you got all your wisdom teeth extracted, so you won’t have to be put under the knife again. :) #Heike Forrester

    ReplyDelete