Follow me darlings!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

I went to the Good Food Festival And Market yesterday, it was a pity i wasn't able to take any pictures inside, mainly because we were too busy tasting anything and everything. I think we spent a good 3 hours there sampling and browsing. I've bought a few things myself, it was a start to a good Saturday. Lancome @ the bay is haveing a promotion. Spend a minimum of $34 and get 7 out of 14 samples + a make up bag free, a value of $240. And you get to pick the yourself. I couldn't resist temptation, so of course i was forced to buy something. I ended up buying Lancome's face and body sunscreen "Soleli". Only because the eye shadow primer was a bit under $34. That's okay though, people said this sunscreen is good so I'll give it a try. I ended up picking the makeup remover(this stuff is really good!), a facial cleanser, rejuvenating moisturizer, eye cream, lipstick, eyeliner, and the mascara, topped off with the pink make up bag instead of the orange one. I'm surprised that the samples were as big as they were because they used to be smaller. So that was a pleasant surprise. I'm not quite sure if i will use the facial cleanser though, I'm very picky about new face washes. I think a few of my biggest investments are on skin products. For a female, the most important feature are their skin, and having clear skin is every one's dream. I for one, do not have perfectly clear skin, and that saddens me, especially when people pick out my flaws as if i don't already know myself. I've tried so many different skin products but i still haven't found the one that i could call my own and always go back to. I've been using the Korean brand "IOPE" for about two years, and i enjoyed it very much, it worked well as expected from something so costly, however recently their products have made my skin extremely dry and blotchy with redness, and that's when i knew i had to abandon IOPE and find a better suitable product for my skin. I have recently bought from Sephora, Philosophy- Purity made simple one step cleanser. It is said to be the best and award winning of number 1 face cleanser in 2008 but so far i don't see it making any big changes, or impact. I've only used it for 2 weeks, but i will continue to use it until it's finished and give a proper review on this product. Also from Sephora, i bought a new moisturizer also from the philosophy collection. This one is called HOPE in a jar. I've heard good things about this product, but unfortunately, I'm not crazy in love with it. The texture is too thick to spread easily or evenly and that is a big turn off for me. But like the cleanser, i will continue using this until the end and give a review. I think the best product I've used so far is the H2O set that I've just finished using. If all doesn't go well, i will go back to it. I just wish one day i can have a naked face and go out proudly without the use of any makeup.

I totally went off topic...sorry...back to yesterday...

After The food show, went to High Park. It was the influence of so many pictures on facebook i saw of people going that made me want to join in with the crowd. we got lucky and found a parking spot in less than 10 minutes, we had to walk for quite some time though. Yesterday's weather was beautiful, so it made walking in the park even better. There were lots of people, as expected but i wish the cherry blossoms were more vibrant. There were still quite a lot left but i can tell that any time now they will all fall out, i wish i went a week or two earler, it would have looked so much fuller and pink-er.

We also got a chance to go to High park's mini zoo. we saw buffalo's, lots of lamb, emu's, elk's and peacocks. The peacocks were funny. One of them opened their pretty tail and the crowed went wild! Everyone was wow-ing and the peacock got a little cocky, this was until another one opened up their tail and in the end six of them opened it up and were all flaunting it like a fashion show. It was a amazing!

After that we left because it was getting cold. I spent the morning cutting up bagels into tiny tiny bits to feed ducks and birds, but was not able to locate many in the pond, so that went to waste. Maybe if i get off early one day this week, i will go to Milken park and feed the ducks there by the pond, before it expires.

We stopped at Greek town for dinner, we went to Pan on danforth. It's a nice little restaurant, a bit small but nice. Wanted to get the three course meal but we were still pretty full from the good food show. Yes, we ate THAT much! I ordered chicken and Jacky ordered his lamb shank. It was good, my chicken was a little hard though.




They also had Belly dancing during dinner. That girl was dancing in front of me, and made me kind of blushy haha. Not because I'm attracted to her lol, because that hip and shake! Whoa!




Not the best picture in the world, but you get the gist of it.

And finally, after dinner we went to Demetre's that was just down the street for desert. We ordered a banana split with mint chocolate chip ice cream, tiramisu ice cream and strawberry ice cream. I liked the mint chocolate chip ice cream the most, but the tiramisu tasted a lot more like cookie dough than anything else...we stayed there for quite some time, just chatting and eating. It was a good and eventful day, i wish i had more Saturday's off.
The DVP was closed for the day so we had to take local home. It was late and he spotted a metro on the way, we went to browse around since it opens 24hrs. My first time going into a Metro, it wasn't anything special, but i like the fact that they take air miles. I still need to go to loblaws one day and apply for a PC mastercard, i want to start collecting points!

Looking forward to more warm days!


Sandy

1 comment:

  1. wow you guys eat A LOT!

    =)

    M! (takes too much effort to do my usual sig, LOL)

    ReplyDelete