Follow me darlings!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Parajumpers- Gobi Review

Sorry i know this is a bad time posting this review up seeing as it's so warm outside, but i got this jacket about 2 weeks ago after wanting it for so long, i finally caved.

Remember when Canada Goose was the most popular jacket out there, i wanted one but didn't get one. Then i discovered Nobis and Moose knuckles, and i thought OMG i want a moose knuckle jacket! Those pom poms are too cute!

But then this year ( i know, i am a bit out of the loop), i discovered Parajumpers, and i thought you know what, forget about the rest! I want myself a Parajumpers jacket!!!!
But the funny thing is that it wasn't the design or the brand or how warm it is that got me, it was their signature yellow strap at the back of the jacket, and the hook on the front! It's designed to supposed to look like a parachute will come out. And you know, i always dreamed of sky diving, so for now i can dream a little.

Please excuse the non matchie loose fabric sticking out, it was not a photoshoot type of day.
I was debating over whether to get the red one or the black one, but since it was their last red i felt like it had to be mine.




The hood itself can split open, so you can wear it like you have a giant furry collar, but that look doesn't look good on me since i'm such a short person, it sort of looks like the jacket is trying to swallow me whole. So i keep it zipped up.

There's all sorts of pockets everywhere on this jacket

 There's my parachute hook! It hooks on to the other side for extra warmth around the neck area, and all you have to do is pull on the yellow strap to release. Easy as pie.

There's my parachute release strap haha. This was the part that caught my eye the most =D


There's also pockets on the arms and lookie a cute little elbow patch =)


The Parajumpers logo. The previous year jackets had this badge removable, i don't know why they would do that since people can easily steal it and sell it for $30 (yup, people actually buy them). This one is sewn on, so i won't have to worry about it falling off or being torn off by someone, they also gave me an extra patch because they were so nice =)


The fur is made with Rabit fur and fox fur (or was it racoon...) it's super soft and extra warm and cuddly. Don't worry, no animals were harmed during the making, they made sure to state that in the booklet provided. All the fur trimmings as well as the buckles are all removable for easy wash.


Overall i love this Gobi jacket. It keeps me super warm and toasty. And it's a classic bomber jacket type, so i can wear it over and over and over and it will never get old.

- 90% Down
- 10% Feather
- Split hood
- water repellent (you can snowboard in this!)
- Detachable real fur trim
- Rabbit and Fox fur



I bought this jacket at JCY house after my size was sold out everywhere. 
Original price for this jacket is $998 before taxes, they sold it to me for $925 after taxes. DEAL!
My jacket is size XXS, which i was really surprised about because i thought i need an XS or a small but the sizes run pretty big, and i'm so happy they had this last one at JCY house because i know for sure that if i go to Sporting Life, they wouldn't ever carry a size XXS let alone a red one!
I was planning on buying this next year since winter is ending and it was so expensive but the sales lady was so good at what she does i gave in. I don't regret it though, $925 is a good price compared to $1127 after taxes.

18 comments:

  1. This jacket looks incredible! If it were colder here, I would so look into getting something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the yellow strap...hehe. Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh so cute!! i lovee the yellow strap on the back.. makes it that much more unique it's so cute on you too!! i love the fur collar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah girl! What a splurge! And this post was quite informative. Now if I ever see one, I'd know why there was a yellow strap at the back- it's quite an interesting concept. And I think you did good on choosing red. I always like it when people go for bold than boring black (even though that's what I do all the time because it makes me feel safe haha). Red was a good choice Sandy, it looks so good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is so pretty! i love it!

    i would appreciate it if you follow my blog
    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    and please subscribe to my youtube channel :)
    youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that I don't live in a climate cold enough I'd need a jacket like this LOL But the yellow strap is adorable and the jacket looks super warm too! You look so cute engulfed by the fur hood~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This jacket looks kicking
    butt! You can probably do
    bungee jumping with it :P
    I love your beanie as well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you think it is ok that animals has to suffer for your jacket? Is it ok to kill a rabbit for something youm probably will throw away after some years? In my opinion : NO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey! im about to buy it!! i need to know, does it keep you warm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! im about to buy it!! i need to know, does it keep you warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah yeah the masterpiece series and the parajumper at sportinglife are very very warm can walk for hours in the cold with the hood up and it's feels very warm my friend Eddie is an authorized dealer his store is on spadina in one of the big Chinese malls you can talk him down I paid 900.00 cash no tax for a red masterpiece series parajumper he has lots and he also has fur coats and all of the other jackets his store is called authentic couture

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been wearing gobi pjs for 1 winter now and its not as warm. Chilliwack n moose knuckle are warmer to be honest because i wore every year sjnce 2008 until 2011 different color each yr. Parajumpers gobis style is nicer verrry..elegant i like it too..but i would wear only in feb -march. this yr im rocking rudsak. Its good.

      Delete
  12. Crazy I had no idea the cost. I recieved one as a gift but it's just not my thing which is off because normally I love bomber style and a gazillion pockets styles but it just doesn't sit on me or something. Mind you that could be a size thing as it is medium and then narrow in the chest... In any case I am posting it on Craigslist for sale today since I didn't actually wear it all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crazy I had no idea the cost. I recieved one as a gift but it's just not my thing which is off because normally I love bomber style and a gazillion pockets styles but it just doesn't sit on me or something. Mind you that could be a size thing as it is medium and then narrow in the chest... In any case I am posting it on Craigslist for sale today since I didn't actually wear it all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "No animals were harmed", does killing one count? I would consider that to be the ultimate harm...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yellow strap is a sign that says: "I wanna look like I'm cool enough to sky dive but actually am not".

    ReplyDelete